Background Image

Research Personnel

In this Section

Employment Practices
The DOR monitors employment regulations for research personnel sponsored by external grants and provides guidance to faculty and departmental units wanting to hire research personnel.  The actual immigration part of the process is handled by Clarkson University's International Student and Scholar's Office (ISSO).  The ISSO will assist in the preparation of the immigration paperwork (DS-2019, if applicable) and the Sponsored Research Services will assist with the payroll portion of the process when related to sponsored research funding.

Download the Research Personnel Request Form (fillable pdf) The form can be completed and sent to Todd Travis to begin the process of bringing a Foreign Exchange Visitor here.

International Information
The DOR is one of the administrative unit on campus that assist the University's Exchange Visitor Program for J-1 visas, involving international student and scholar advising, counseling, and visa processing. The DOR also maintains international funding opportunities, including fellowships.

Information for Exchange Visitors

Sevis Fee Information (.pdf) or (.doc)

Payroll Information
The DOR prepares, processes, and amends all payroll activities involving research personnel paid from external research grants.

Contract Information
The DOR facilitates contract letters and employment documents for all research personnel working on external research grants.

Faculty Summer Salary
The DOR is responsible for processing all summer salary requests for faculty paid from sponsored research grants, those who are teaching summer school, and any other faculty supplemental pay requests.

Exchange Visitor Program
Clarkson's Exchange Visitor Program No. P-1-02341 for J-1 visiting students and scholars is administered by the  ISSO and assisted by the DOR, including visa processing, foreign student/scholar advising, liaison with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Department of State.

Get the Research Personnel Request form: (fillable pdf)