Background Image

Graduate Students

In this Section

Graduate students enrolled in Master's and PhD level programs may finance their education through a combination of university awards and student loans. University awards are granted by each graduate school.

All federal student loans are awarded and processed by the Financial Aid Office at the Capital Region Campus. US citizens and Permanent Residents who are enrolled on at least a half-time basis are eligible for federal student loans.

Students who wish to apply for student loans please contact Lynne Connelly at 518-631-9836 or

Please find the Graduate Federal Loan Application and Graduate Federal Loan Steps by clicking here.

Graduate students interested in learning more about departmental scholarships, graduate assistantships or teaching assistantships need to contact the appropriate graduate school department.